Photo Credit / Ps. 119: 35, MSG
I grabbed my sun glasses and rolled down the windows. The sunny day was calling me to cruise the expressway, and I simply couldn’t resist.
The cloudless blue sky made my heart sing. I turned up the radio and belted out karaoke style as I pressed down on the accelerator.
Zipping along like the Queen of the Road, I was confident and carefree.
I sped forward until I spotted a Grandma crawling in a tiny car in front of me. I decided to make my move and leave her in the dust.
That’s when reality hit.
HONK. HOOONNKKK. HONK.
My heart raced erratically, and I jerked the car back into my lane to avoid crashing into a tank that magically appeared on my right. I eased down on the brake and moved over to the far-right lane to cower in fear.
I never saw it coming.
I never see it coming ever.
I always forget my blind spot.
Today, I got a call from an old friend. She shared how someone we love is about to crash. This is not the first smash up, and she’s worried for his safety.
If you neglect to pay attention to your blind spot, a total wreck is inevitable.
I don’t want to miss out on the journey that God has laid out for me. I pray for God to teach me to exercise wise judgment, rather than running roughshod over others on the road.
A wise traveler follows the rules of the road to avoid a washout:
- Focus on the road ahead and turn off distractions: On the road of life, we need to create a quiet space and turn off the noise.
- Drive defensively with a watchful eye: Pray for protection as you move forward. Ask God to help you heed His signposts.
- Look in the mirror: God’s Word will point out obstacles in your path.
- Glance over your shoulder: Look back at the terrain behind you and avoid colliding with someone who is not traveling in the same lane as you.
- Leave space between yourself and careless drivers: A little distance creates space for you to respond wisely, rather than react out of fear.
The best way to avoid a crash is to stay in your lane and move forward on the path that God has lovingly laid out for you.
Something to think about…
I’m sharing “Avoid Blind Spots” with like-minded friends at Faith-Filled Friday.
Have you written something thought-provoking, challenging, encouraging, or inspiring lately? Link it up here! For best results, write the title of your post in the name box.
As a courtesy, please link back to 3-D Lessons for Life in your post. Grab and share the Thought-Provoking Thursday button to spread the word. Use #ThoughtProvokingThursday to share your post and connect on Twitter.
Check back later to see what other GREAT posts have been linked up! Visit the post immediately before yours and leave an encouraging comment.